Why a Master of Science in Quantitative Finance at ETH and UZH?
Top Position in the Ranking of Risk.net Quant Finance Master's Guide 2019: best program in Europe and number 6 worldwide!
- The MSc UZH ETH in Quantitative Finance is a specialized joint degree Master of Science pooling the high reputation and scientific resources of
- the Department of Banking and Finance of the University of Zurich; and
- the Department of Mathematics of the ETH Zurich.
- A unique combination of financial economics with mathematical methods (probability, statistics and econometrics, numerical analysis) for finance and insurance, and integration of recent developments from the FinTech area.
- High quality due to
- Severe selection of participants (around 20% admitted each year).
- Close supervision by the program director due to a small group of students.
- Close interaction with financial services industry from Zurich.
- International dimension - more than 60% of students come from outside of Switzerland.
- With an annual tuition fee of around CHF 1600, the MScQF is affordable following the goals of UZH and ETH to act as public education institutions in Switzerland
- Full program in English.
- Studies prepare both for
- Research-oriented careers such as PhD-programs; and
- Practice-oriented careers in quantitatively oriented areas of the financial services industry.
- Duration of the program: a minimum of 1 1/2 years (1 year of courses, 1/2 year for master's thesis) and a maximum of 5 years.