First Joint Degree Program of UZH and ETH at Master Level
The Master of Science in Quantitative Finance
- is a cooperation of the University of Zurich, represented by the Department of Banking and Finance within the Faculty of Business, Economics and Informatics
- and the ETH Zurich, represented by the Department of Mathematics.
- The Master of Science UZH ETH in Quantitative Finance offers its prospective students an advanced education in quantitative finance.
- Its curriculum consists of a combination of economic theory for finance with mathematical methods (probability theory, statistics, numerical analysis) for finance.
- The program is a specialized Master of Science according to the Bologna rules.
- The program is entirely taught in English so that international as well as Swiss participants can attend.
- There is no need to know German to participate in the program.
- The expected period of study is three semesters: 1 academic year of courses followed by the completion of a Master thesis.
- The students have to achieve 90 ECTS credit points in order to receive the degree MSc UZH ETH in Quantitative Finance.
- The program starts in September and the courses end in June of the following year.
- It is expected that the Master thesis will be written and approved no later than until the end of the following December.
- The program can be effected on a part time basis, as the gained ECTS credit points remain valid for a period of 5 (five) years.
We strongly encourage cooperation and exchange programs with other highly reputable international universities offering similar programs.