- In principle, there will be examinations following each mandatory, specialized or optional course.
- Each responsible faculty member can decide to attribute the final grade for his/her course based only on project assessments, on class participation as well as on graded interim homework.
- The ECTS credit points will be given to those participants whose final grade indicates that they passed the course.
- Every examination can be repeated once, while the number of total failures of exams is not allowed to exceed 6 (six).
- If an enrolled student fails 7 (seven) exams then he/she will be excluded from the program.
Final Grade and Diploma
- The final grade will be a weighted average (based on the corresponding ECTS credit points) of the grades obtained from the courses and from the Master's thesis.
- The diploma will be a joint diploma awarded by the University of Zurich and ETH Zurich.